Monday 19 March 2007

It is a truth , universally acknowleged that on Mother's Day , said mother should lie on a chaise all day , eating peeled grapes and maybe doing a little gentle knitting. NOT in this house however. Significant other disappears into study , visiting daughter clamps onto lap top after depositing card and flowers en route. What is daughter studying for the next 6 hours , is she discovering a way to end Global Warming, is she writing a thesis on the importance of being nice to mother on her special day ? NO , this educated graduate ( and I should know , it cost us a fortune to get it ) , is trawling E- Bay , she leaves this edificating experience just long enough to down an enormous lunch , before collapsing back onto the sofa , complaining that she has eaten too much , and resuming her illuminating investigations. To be fair , she did offer to help with the washing up , I said not to bother , so she didn't . So that is it for another year , business as usual . . . . . . but I love the girl to pieces.

On the knitting front , I received details of my secret monkey sock swap pal , after a look through her blog I have come up with the perfect ( I think ) yarn , I ordered it on Friday afternoon, and was thrilled to get it on Saturday , so have been able to get one sock done . If I have to knit on straights , I prefer to use 4 only , and this pattern didn't really lend itself to that , so I have adapted it to circs , only the heel and toe needed changing , so that was fine . I have come up with an idea that I think she may like , we will just have to wait and see .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home