Tuesday 20 March 2007

I now know who my International Scarf Swap partner is, I have finally decided to knit the swallowtail shawl from Interweave Knits Fall 2006 , I knitted this for myself in November , I used a 50% cashmere 50% silk which gave the shawl a lovely heavy drape , I am knitting the scarf swap in pale blue cashmere fingering weight , I hope that she likes it.

My wee tiny sock swap arrived today , it was knitted by Dotty at yarn floozies.blog.spot.com , it is so beautiful , it makes me laugh every time I look at it .

The monkey sock swap is going along great, I have just turned the heel on the second sock, but I am going to lay that aside for a day and start on the shawl , just for a rest from the size 2mm needles that I am using. I have ordered a Knit Picks Options set , I can't wait to try them , once the shawl gets bigger I will transfer it onto them , I have been using Denise circulars but find that the stitches don't move too easily along the cables , I am hoping that the Options will be better.
One day I will find out how to load photos onto the blog . . . . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger yarn4kalei said...

Oh Happy Day!!! Your Knit Picks Options needles arrived today! :0) I will send them out to you this week along with the lovely malabrigo. Your ISE partner is one lucky person! The shawl that you knitted for me is incredibly beautiful and soft.

20 March 2007 at 22:19  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

I've seen that swallowtail shawl - beautiful. lucky swap partner.
What's the problem with loading pics? As long as you have pics on your pc it's really straightforward - click on the little picture box in the toolbar above the 'create post' box and there you go - step by step instructions!

23 March 2007 at 21:20  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home