Monday 10 September 2007

I got the cutest birthday card from my secret monkey sock swap pal , and the greatest stitch markers , amongst them are the three wise monkeys , although 'hear no evil' is already being used . This was such a lovely surprise , it will be great when I find out who she is . My monkey knitting is non existant at the moment , as I have had to order special yarn for her , and the post is so slow, goodness only knows when I will start knitting them .







The Hogwarts sock swap is now going well, I had a complete knitters block , starting several pairs , and discarding them , I can't show the one that I finally decided on until after the swap , hope she likes them . The photo is of a few of the different ones that I started before deciding , for various reasons , that they just weren't going to work.



I see that ISE5 is up and running , I don't think that I will sign up for it though, I still have 3 swaps running, and I am as unorganised as ever .
I haven't really knitted for about a fortnight , and so I have lots of catching up , all of those wonderful patterns and so little time ...............

5 Comments:

Blogger Dotty said...

I didn't know it was your birthday. Happy Birthday!

10 September 2007 at 08:08  
Blogger yarn4kalei said...

I didn't know it was your birthday either??? Happy Birthday! I am working on something for you anyway so it will be perfect timing. Just some of the goodies I picked up for you in Hawaii. :0) Dee

14 September 2007 at 10:01  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Happy belated birthday! What a sweet Monkey Pal you have, too. I should give my elbow a fortnight rest from knitting. When you resume you will probably have a renewed vision for knitting!

26 September 2007 at 11:03  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Happy Belated birthday from me too (haven't been around a while but the nights are drawing in so more time on the computer again!) So many birthdays around this time! My sis was in September, my son was last week...
I haven't joined up for ISE5 either - I enjoyed it but I didn't like the scarf I got - I've frogged it and turned it into the most lovely felted socks tee hee!

13 October 2007 at 05:37  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

You too could knit fuzzy feet from Knitty!!! http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTfuzzyfeet.html
Just perfect for 150g of chunky barbed wire(you'd get two pairs out of that!). S'wot I did and I'm really pleased with the result. Chunky barbed wire round the throat just does NOT work. (It still itches at the thought).

13 October 2007 at 08:19  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home