Friday 27 April 2007

Monkeys , monkeys , everywhere

My Monkey Sock Swap package arrived , I was amazed at the generosity and thoughtfulness of my secret pal Lynn , The socks are knitted from Jitterbug merino wool, it is the softest that I have felt and I shall be getting some, the colourway is Blue Parrot and really so much nicer than in the photo,can you see the cute pad ?
The barrel of monkeys is fun and the tape measure is now at home in my knitting bag , the options cables are most welcome , they are 40" and 60" and so I can now knit moebius and don't have to keep sending away for needles everytime I need a different size .

I have a monkey tea towel and pot holder, far too nice to use , the knit picks wool is so soft and the most amazing blue , I feel so very lucky , lots of lovely items that are unobtainable here , thank you so much Lynn , everything is very much appreciated


2 Comments:

Blogger Dotty said...

Wow - you got some cool monkey stuff. I like the tape measure.

Monkeys are a popular theme in the quilting world. I just bought some monkey and bananas fabric last month. Don't know what I'll make with it yet.

27 April 2007 at 07:53  
Blogger Rebecca said...

WONDERFUL Monkey Package! I gave my Monkey Pal that very same tape measure..it is just TOO cute for words. I used to play that Barrel of Monkey game when I was a little girl. It has been around in the US a very, very long time. The socks are lovely as is everything else. And, I'm very happy that you joined Monkey Round #2!

27 April 2007 at 10:34  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home