Tuesday 12 June 2007

I overheard this conversation between two ladies in their fifties I should think :
1st lady ' He asked me to go for a meal with him "
2cnd Lady " No "
1st Lady " Yes , and then he said he hoped I wouldn't mind if he brought his mother ..........



I was by then out of earshot , if , by any chance you were one of the ladies in Church Lane in Boston , I would love to know if it all turned out well .

Here at home we are still busy trying to fill in the hole that was once the pond ,as it was 25 feet , by 14 feet , by 6.5 feet deep it is taking some time , hard work , blistered hands and occassionally a REALLY bad word !! If any one has any ideas what to do with it once it is filled in I would be very grateful , at the moment W is favouring putting gravel over the surface and putting tubs of greenery around . We still have the top pond and the heron has now transferred it'a allegiance there , so I am still having to rush out or knock on the window to frighten it away .

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh, how sad I am for you as you fill up that lovely pond! Are herons not a good thing to have around? I am constantly frightening off a woodpecker that thinks my log home is tasty but I've not heard what herons do.

12 June 2007 at 06:32  
Blogger Dotty said...

How about making one of those really big chess boards out of coloured paving stones? Then you could get big chess pieces to put on it as statuary.

I once thought about putting in a washroom themed area in our backyard. You know - a toilet all planted up and a bathtub pond complete with shower head fountain. My husband wouldn't let me do it.

12 June 2007 at 07:23  
Blogger The Imperfect Knitter said...

Oh Dotty , what a lovely idea, we usually sit out in the summer evenings and play chess under the sodium lights.

12 June 2007 at 12:14  
Blogger The Imperfect Knitter said...

Rebecca , the heron eats the fish , many a time we have watched it fly off with a tasty Koi in it's mouth , I am always in awe of them when they land , they are such magnificent birds. We also have a Kingfisher who visits often , but , as he only eats very small fish , he is allowed to breakfast on us !!

12 June 2007 at 12:21  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home