Wednesday 27 June 2007

I had such a surprise today , the postman brought a package from Dotty ( yarn Floozies ) , it contained a whole clutch ? (does anyone know the collective noun for sachets of kool aid ?) of kool aid , I am so thrilled , and tomorrow I will be transforming some white merino wool into some thing brilliant , and poosiblly end up with bright red fingers , ah well, all for the sake of art . The card with the sock in it is the wee tiny sock that Dotty sent to me ( she was my swap pal ) , I didn't know how to post photos when it arrived and so I am posting it now , better late than never Dotty .
I had no idea that she was sending this package and it has brightened my day , we have had almost non stop rain for so many days now , the river which is about a quarter of a mile away had burst it's banks and there is standing water everywhere along the little village lanes .
We have been splashing along today and must have the cleanest wheels on the car ever.
The package that I sent to my monkey 2 sock pal arrived and happily the socks fit her . I am always a bit worried , I suppose I should check my tension , but I never have the patience , I am getting a Hanne Falkenberg kit and I suppose it really will make sense to check my tension for that .

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Well if you insist on getting your fingers all red I must inform you that it is KOOL-AID, spelled with a 'K'. You see, if you spell it with a 'C' you are not cool at all :) Being a Baby Boomer, KOOL-AID was a staple of my diet growing up.

27 June 2007 at 15:48  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home