Sunday 28 October 2007

Monkey Sock Swap 3



My package got here on Wednesday , and what a brilliant package it is . My pal is Frieda, we have been e-mailing backwards and forwards , and I now have a lovely new friend . Frieda made the knitting bag , isn't it gorgeous , there is already a project for my grand daughter in it ( a knitted rabbit ) . The beanie monkey is lovely , and he is sitting in my egg basket in the kitchen now . The yarn is too lovely for words, socks that rock Silkie ..mmmmm.......The blue yarn is Bearfoot hand painted merino .
Can you see the cutest tape measure ?

There is a pack of playing cards , a book mark with an Oscar Wilde quotation , How did she know I adore Wilde's wit ?The Chocolates didn't make it for the photocall , but they were yummy .



The socks are to die for , Cherry Tree Hill merino in cherry red, they fit perfectly , I have them on now , they are my best Sunday Socks .. W says that they are so professional ( he has NEVER said that about anything I knit ) . The book is actually signed by the Yarn Harlot , and the photo shows her holding one of the socks in progress , everything was beautifully gift wrapped ,I am completely bowled over by Frieda's kindness , generosity and TALENT .



I am sorry that it has been a few days since I got the package , and I know that I should have posted straight away , but W was away and some of you know my inability to hold a camera still . Then on Thursday and Friday we were away getting my ' belated ' birthday present , but I have an idea that it is actually what W wanted , no , I KNOW that it is what W wanted , what woman wants a 35 year old sports car that needs renovation ? I can see that W is going to spend most of his time out in the workshop for the forseable future , oh well , I will just have to amuse myself with my knitting .......... what a hard call that will be LOL

3 Comments:

Blogger Dotty said...

Wow - what a great swap package!!! I am so jealous that you have some Socks That Rock. And all those monkey items are so great.

I'm sure you will like the sports car when it's all fixed up and you're driving it around.

28 October 2007 at 08:41  
Blogger Frieda said...

I am so glad the socks fit. I worried about the fit the whole time I was knitting. I had more fun with you on this swap that all my other swaps. I feel like I made a new best friend. My husband would love your birthday present. Frieda

28 October 2007 at 11:28  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Awwwwww.....I KNEW you would endear yourself to Frieda! And, I am so happy someone SPOILED you because you deserve it!

It simply amazes me that your husband has never told you that YOUR knitting looks professional! It does!

29 October 2007 at 06:56  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home