Sunday 14 October 2007

Where does the time go to ? It has been almost a month since I posted last , W caught my ' bug' and was quite ill with it . Nurses uniform on , and general pampering , somebody once said that when a man is ill , they didn't know whether to send for a doctor or a drama critic . We are back to normal now , what ever normal is in our house .





I have finally finished my dressing gown , I am really thrilled with how it turned out . We live on the edge of the Wolds, and when the wind blows, it gets a bit cold round the unmentionables . This dg is so warm and cozy , I used my birthday money to buy fingering cashmere from Richard at Colourmart , I used 2 strands throughout as the pattern uses Rowan kid classic and knits up to an aran weight .






The pattern is from the book Beads,buttons and lace by Jennie Atkinson. It took a month to knit , but I have been struggling with my monkey swap socks as well , these are a nightmare to knit , my pal is allergic to wool , and the cotton I am using sort of ' scrunches' in my fingers, giving my shudders , a bit like pulling finger nails down a blackboard .




The Irish shawl is finally finished , I had just a few rows to complete and had put it away for a rainy day, the rainy day came when I couldn't get another UFO in the cupboard . I knitted this with fingering cashmere , again from Richard at Colourmart , and , oh dear , I don't like it . I don't know whether it is the green , or the length or what , I am thinking of putting it on Etsy , for just the cost of the cashmere , does any body have any experience of etsy ?






Finally my Peer Gynt jacket , this is from the 60 th anniversary booklet , it is called Heidal , and I hope that I can finish it before next summer. The only problem with the pattern is the STEEKING , I have never plucked up the courage to actually CUT through the knitting . So I will have to see what happens . I can't bottle out and change it into a sweater , as the front centre is just worked any old how , the needle points are at the top of the front centre so you can see that it is unwearable as it is , apparently , the brave knitter cuts straight up the middle , picks up stiches down each front and knits a band , and hey ho , it sounds a breeze doesn't it ? LOL.











The photos have gone all over the place as usual , they take on a life of their own, but at least they are all on the same page today .........

7 Comments:

Blogger Dotty said...

My goodness! You've done all this in a month?

The dressing gown is absolutely divine! I would be tempted to wear it around the house all day long. It is just stunning.

And the shawl... It is gorgeous and I can't believe that you want to sell it just for the cost of the yarn. You should try selling it on eBay - you might get a better price for it.

And good luck with the steeking. I haven't done it myself but many others have with great success.

14 October 2007 at 10:22  
Blogger Knitted Bookworm said...

You've knit this GORGEOUS dressing gown and the "to-die-for" shawl, and you're having trouble with the monkey socks?????? Sorry, but your completed projects are just wonderful! I do know what you mean about some cotton after you've been using the much softer and slicker wools. Hope you are almost done with the socks. By the way, you can let ME know how much you spent on yarn for the shawl...I am a red head and the green would go soooo well! Also glad to see you post again after so long, but I know how busy things can get!

14 October 2007 at 19:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how very, very beautiful this dressing gown is - actually it's totally divine! I haven't seen anything as stunningly gorgeous for a long time - probably never if I think more about it! I'm impressed, absolutely and totally! And you've knit it up in one month? I'm even more impressed here... Actually, this is not just a knitted garment, this is a true work of art! I can only say Congratulations on a fantastic and stunning achievement!!!!

15 October 2007 at 00:44  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Your knitting is jaw-droppingly gorgeous and so inspiring! Wow. . .

15 October 2007 at 17:58  
Blogger yarn4kalei said...

As usual Ronnie, everything you knit is STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!! You are truly talented. :0)

20 October 2007 at 21:52  
Blogger Rebecca said...

GASP! I am all astonishment, Ronnie! Are you saying that you KNIT that dressing gown??? And, are you saying that you knit it in ONE MONTH? I am truly amazed!! It is absolutely beautiful. Did you ever stop to eat, go potty or sleep?

22 October 2007 at 15:14  
Blogger Kathy R said...

Ronnie,

You sent me a beautiful shawl in the international scarf exchange 4. I knew you were an incredibly talented knitter, but I had no idea just how talented. Your dressing gown is stunning. Your work is amazing and I am in awe.

13 December 2007 at 06:35  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home