Monday 5 November 2007

You are never too old

Well , I really thought that I had just about done it all ! Well , I did until about 15 minutes ago . W has almost stripped the car down now, he just needed to take out the windscreen . That is where I came in . Apparently I am too clumsy to ' catch ' it as it 'popped ' out , also, W said, I was smaller than him . Where was this leading ? I can now divulge that the easiest way to get a windscreen out is for 'somebody' to sit in the passenger seat , back 'braced' , feet up at the top of the screen , pressing whilst 'walking' across the screen . I couldn't quite reach ( not having very long legs ) , but was told that I couldn't stop as the screen was half out . I ended up sprawled across the seats with my feet over the steering wheel in a very inelegant position. It has been over 30 years since my last child was born , but that brought it all back ................ I am now going to frog a hemlock shawl to calm myself down .

5 Comments:

Blogger Frieda said...

You really need to tell us what kind of sports car he bought for you or do we keep on guessing. Hmm, maybe a Jag of some sort.

5 November 2007 at 09:40  
Blogger The Imperfect Knitter said...

Oh Frieda, if only ... no , it is an MGB GT, otherwise known as the money pit .

5 November 2007 at 09:58  
Blogger Dotty said...

ha ha ha! I am laughing so hard that I'm crying. That's just too funny!

5 November 2007 at 11:43  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh that is just too funny! Having once owned an MGB GT, I can just visualize your position!

9 November 2007 at 06:29  
Blogger Peggy said...

All your knitting is gorgeous!!! I cannot believe how beautiful your dressing gown is. And the shawl!!!!! I'm not sure, but I do believe you have me beat when it comes to UFOs. Froggin always makes me more up tight. :)

11 November 2007 at 05:48  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home