Monday 9 April 2007

The arrival of Knit Picks and Dee's Goodies.





My package from Dee (Yarn4kalei) arrived she really is THE BEST, I am so thrilled with it , she sent me Coffee and Scrumptious Orange and Spice tea, 2 pairs of Fiddlesticks Knitting Needles (Love them ) a clover circular needle , and 2 hanks of the most beautiful Malabrigo wool.It is so soft and a really gorgeous vibrant red, I am leaving it on my desk at the moment, I give it the occasional stroke and I am waiting for it to tell me what it wants to be when it grows up . And of course, the Knit Picks Options arrived, what can I say , they are so smooth to knit with , the cables are wonderfully pliant , why , oh why can't we get things like this in England ? The photo was taken of my outdoor knitting corner , I love to get tucked up there , with a good audio book and a cup of coffee.
Whilst reading through Rebecca's blog , I saw that she had taken a picture of a Norwegian cardigan . This reminded me that I had started a Sedestal sweater about 4 years ago , and if I remembered correctly , it just needed the neck finishing off , I can't remember why I didn't finish it off now , but I decided to try and find it (easier said than done ). After searching through the loft I finally unearthed it , it looked a bit sorry for itself, but after a few judicious pulls here and there , it resembled a jumper again. I cheated with this , and chickened out of the steeking , I just couldn't bear the thought of cutting through the knitting with SCISSORS, so when I got to the arms , I just worked backwards and forwards , then picked up the stitches around the arms and knitted the sleeves from the top down to the cuff . As we live near the coast I couldn't resist adding an anchor or two instead of following the pattern religiously .
Whilst I was knitting, my other half was busy tidying up the ponds, and generally waking everything up after the winter .
Can anybody tell me how to position the photos properly ? they just clump themselves together , and have a mind of their own .


5 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Hello!
I write my blog entries in the Compose mode. Once I've uploaded the photos, I just drag them to wherever I want them in my text. Then I go back up to the top and delete all the extra space that's left behind.
Hope that's helpful!

9 April 2007 at 08:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful knitting spot! I can see how you are inspired. Hope the Monkey socks (that will be coming your way soon) will keep your toes nice and warm while you are out by the pond!

Your Monkey Pal

9 April 2007 at 18:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful knitting spot! I can see how you are inspired. Hope the Monkey socks (that will be coming your way soon) will keep your toes nice and warm while you are out by the pond!

Your Monkey Pal

9 April 2007 at 18:45  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Beautiful jumper - I've a few UFOs sitting around too - but none so beautiful as yours. I too haven't been brave enough to steek - I'd do the same thing.
And what a lovely parcel.

I;m interested in getting interchangeables - why did you decide on the knitpicks? Out of interest...

15 April 2007 at 08:20  
Blogger Rebecca said...

What a beautiful spot to sit and knit! I think the English have us beat when it comes to beautiful landscaping. Of course, my lawn has Pikes Peak in it so I'm not complaining one bit.

The Sedestal sweater is very, very lovely! I start my class next weekend with the Norwegian guru to help me with Sirdal.

15 April 2007 at 12:23  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home