Sunday 1 April 2007

My Hidcote shawl is finally finished




At last I have finished this, it has been lying around like a pile of cooked spaghetti , waiting to be blocked. I knitted it from fingering weight cashmere which I dyed a light terracotta colour. The cashmere is from Colourmart and so soft .

The pattern is from Mimknits , I like her patterns and have knitted several shawls from her Mountain Peaks pattern . I am trying to finish some UFO's off before I start more , very difficult , I have no will power at all and just know that something else will be cast on before the end of the week .

I have failed to post photos before and just couldn't figure it out , and so have had to plead complete ignorance and get my ' other half ' to sort it for me .

The Swallowtail Shawl is now finished for my International Scarf Swap Pal, it just needs blocking and then I can send it off with a few goodies. I will post photos tomorrow when it is blocked .




5 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

What a BEAUTIFUL shawl! I'm glad you posted pictures of it and, hopefully, your better half taught YOU how to do it so we will see more beautiful creations!

1 April 2007 at 12:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I have never attempted a shawl, but yours is absobutely gorgeous. Lately I've stuck to socks and tiny gifts for a new grandbaby, due in May. By the way, one of your monkey socks has been completed and the other is well on its way! Having lots of fun searching for monkey things, too.

Your Monkey Sock pal

2 April 2007 at 12:14  
Blogger yarn4kalei said...

Ronnie that shawl is absolutely stunning! But I already knew that all of your shawls are stunning, having been the lucky recipient of one! :0)

3 April 2007 at 19:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's really beautiful.

4 April 2007 at 04:50  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

I've never knitted a shawl either - but I'm very tempted when I saw (the other) Terri only took 6 hours to knit one. This one looks like it was a wee bit more time consuming - looks fantastic! An heirloom! The photographs light up your blog!

5 April 2007 at 19:07  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home