Friday 20 April 2007

Does anybody want to give a shawl a new home ?

This is the cable down raglan from Interweave knits , Spring 07. I love knitting top down as it satisfies my inherent laziness when it come to sewing up , this has two tiny little holes under the arms to sew and even I can cope with that . The wool is cashmere fingering used double from Colourmart . I originally bought some of this for the Monkey Sock Swap ( round 2 just signing up ) , I knitted the socks for Rebecca and loved the colour that I bought more for the sweater , I know that I am not buying more yarn this year , so I bought this out of my Mothers Day cash sent from my son, so I can justify this purchase .... surely ? I knitted this on my new Knitpicks options, oh how I love them , so smooth that the stitches just fly .




This is the swallowtail shawl I knitted for the International Scarf Exchange, knitted in fingering cashmere, it hasn't turned out as large as I hoped and so I am knitting another shawl instead . If any body would like this shawl , just let me know and I will post it off to you , pale blue just isn't my colour and will just get bundled away in a drawer if I keep it .
We are all enjoying such wonderful weather here , I had to smile yesterday , I was standing at the checkout in the supermarket yesterday and overheard the following ,
Lady " What glorious weather"
Man " Aaaargh , but we'll pay for it in the long run, you mark my words ",
I wondered what was ' in the long run ' and how much was it going to cost

3 Comments:

Blogger Dotty said...

Ronnie - are you really going to give away the swallowtail shawl? Seriously???? I would love to take it off your hands but I will only do it if you are willing to accept some lace yarn as payment.

20 April 2007 at 07:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the sweater...and the color! I thought about starting the same sweater, but I have never done a top down one. If it reduces the "sewing together" stage, I'm all in! Maybe that will be my next project (after round two of the Monkey Socks!). By the way, your Monkey Sock package should arrive sometime next week. Can you wait? Hope you enjoy all of it as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

Your Secret Monkey Pal

20 April 2007 at 18:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, I have discovered your lovely blog far too late to raise my hand and say, "are you kidding me? sure I'll give your shawl a good home!" :) I have been enjoying looking at the projects you've made, I think I have similar tastes.

7 May 2007 at 12:40  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home